USC Modifies Tryout Rules for COVID-19 Revised 5.1.20
To help USC member Clubs continue to operate with autonomy during this COVID-19 crisis, the USC Board of Directors have agreed to the following special addendum to Rule 1.11 – Recruiting, Tryouts, Registration under the USC Competition Rules.
- Tryout/ Signing dates for 2020-2021 season can begin on or after May 4 for U11,U12, & U13 (2010, 2009, and 2008) teams and on or after May 11 forU14 teams and older age groups (2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003/2002).
- USC Clubs will be able to commit a roster spot to their CURRENT players for the 2020-2021 seasons at any time, effective immediately. A “current player” is defined as a player who is presently registered with your club.
- USC Clubs will be able to commit players from other clubs, including other USC Clubs, during the Tryout / Signing dates noted above provided no recruiting violations have occurred.
- Any player who commits to a USC Club prior to the posted Tryout / Signing dates above and then wishes to transfer to any other Club DURING the “Transfer Window” they will be allowed to do so.
- TheTransfer Window will end one week after the first official date the USC Clubs can begin ‘contact’ practices or June 15th whichever comes first.
- If USC Clubs are not allowed to hold 2020 tryouts during the dates mentioned above due to restrictions from the USC, US Club Soccer, US Soccer, any other applicable soccer governing body, or due to local/state/federal government restrictions, then the USC will adjust the Tryout / Signing Dates. In addition, the “Transfer Window” will be moved to coincide with the new Tryout / Signing dates put forth by the USC.
- The USC STRONGLY recommends Clubs refund all monies paid by any player wishing to transfer to another Club during the Transfer Window minus any administrative fees incurred by the current Club.
- USC Clubs are REQUIRED to publish this addendum to Rule 1.11 to their membership before committing any players prior to or during the 2020 Tryout / Signing dates listed above.